Humor in the Workplace – Putting Humor to Work
“Here’s just a few of the rave comments we received after your humor in the workplace motivational keynote: Excellent wake up call for a better attitude at work!; Wow, best speaker ever; Excellent and thought-provoking; Amazingly funny BUT informative; Very entertaining AND relevant; Both inspiring and infectious. Michael, our participants rated you as the speaker with the highest quality and relevance.” – Lana J. Larocque, Alberta Human Resources
Why choose between content and fun when you can have both? Putting Humour to Work presentations offer practical, relevant ideas delivered in a fun, energetic and memorable style. Michael’s goal is to make audiences think as hard as they laugh, which is why his clients rave about his content motivational talks that go beyond fee-good platitudes and present relevant, provocative ideas that can transform your workplace. His Putting Humor to Work messages include:
- How humor can help you choose a more positive workplace attitude
- Why workplace culture is so important
- How attitude and humor both create and reflect your workplace culture
- Myths about putting humor to work (it’s not about being funny, telling jokes or being the office clown!)
- Why humor at work makes dollars . . . and sense
- The health benefits of laughter—the latest in laughter research
- Three reasons why humor is one of the most powerful stress busters
- The “3 R’s” of humor and stress management in the workplace
- It’s not always what you say, it’s how you say it that matters: using humor to communicate more effectively
- Customer service with a laugh – how humor can help you stand out from the herd to be heard!
- Teams that laugh together, stay together
- Sparking creative thinking through the power of humor: why Ha + Ha = AHA!
- Practicing “safe” workplace humor: how to have without getting fired!
- Guiding lights for putting humor to work safely, professionally to transform your workplace
Keynotes presentations typically last from 45 – 90 minutes, while longer half-day or full-day workshops offer the opportunity more group interaction, team building, and more in-depth team learning activities.
Tailored To Your Needs
All presentations are tailored with your specific audience in mind. For the workshops, we’ll offer you a menu of program topics/messages to choose from so you can build a workshop that is just right for your audience.
The presentations include door prizes, fun giveaways and resource handouts summarizing the key messages.
To help participants bring the message home and to have a longer-lasting impact, we can also offer several value-added options:
- As a valuable addition to your resource library, many clients arrange to video tape Michael’s presentation for employees who couldn’t attend or for all future employees (licensing fee of $1,000)
- Bulk discount orders of Michael’s book(s) make a great souvenir, take-home reminder of the message and serve as an invaluable resource of great ideas and inspiration for all participants!
- Monthly follow-up video messages help keep the inspiration, energy and ideas alive! Ask us for pricing details.
- A complete resource library package featuring all of Michael’s books, e-books, CDs, and DVDs make a great addition to your resource library that employees will value for years to come.
“Mike, your presentation was completely energizing and engaging for everyone at our meeting – which is quite an accomplishment considering what a large and diverse group we were. Comments from participants consistently rated your segment as ‘excellent’ with a lot of mentions of how great it was to laugh and learn at the same time. ” Linda Alecxe, Vice President, Human Resources, Spartan Controls Ltd. Calgary, Alberta